Hike up Rattlesnake ledge

>> Friday, October 29, 2010

A few Saturday's ago we decided to take a hike that was supposed to be only 4 miles up to the lookout on Rattlesnake ridge and then back down. It was 2 miles alright..... straight up, and 2 miles back.. straight down! (pretty much anyways!)




The day was lovely and the trail just as gorgeous!! It was a stunning hike!


Aunt Catherine carried Solomon all the way up AND down on her back - say she is amazing -
This was him being hammy and cute before we started.. HA! I somehow failed to get a picture of him having a screaming meltdown on the way :-P

One thing I do love about WA is the moss... I have always loved moss and there is absolutely no lack of it here! Some of it is so intense it is creepy!!

"I'll buy you tall tall trees..."

Trucking up the mountain.. it was harder than it looks! :-P

This was the view over where we came up from at the ledge. Note the little itty bitty parking lot in the lover right hand corner of the picture... that is where we started from! =)



Because we cannot go somewhere exciting without a picture like this!! ;-)



This was the view from the other angle looking down the valley... Oh what I would give to spend some time camping up there! =)

Yours truly as taken by a random passerby. A dude who looked like a professional photographer by his camera tried to take one with me in front of the previous valley view, but it looked like I was worshiping him... not exactly internet worthy! :-P

6 comments:

The Rebecca Hipps October 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

it us a really beautiful place there Solly is getting so cute and big!!!

Emily Hipps October 30, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Wow, gorgeous view! That picture of AC with Solly on her back made me think of hiking up to see the giant redwoods in Yosemite with John, and no backpack! :D Oh, and I love the life preserver you are wearing! <3

Trina Hipps October 30, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Awww....Wishing I was there with you. Next time i come, we will have to go hiking together.!!! Thanks for blogging!! LOVE the pics.. you are sooo gorgeous in the last one!!!

Hillary Hipps October 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM  

Emily, That was not a life preserver!! It was a down vest to keep my core warm.. :-)

HerbGurl29 October 30, 2010 at 3:54 PM  

What a great post!! I SO wish I could've hiked with you! ♥

Emily Hipps October 30, 2010 at 6:52 PM  

Hillary, think Back to the Future... Can't believe what was in style in 1985 is in style now. Too bad we let Dad throw out his old clothes.

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP