A few random Musings...
>> Friday, January 7, 2011
One year ago today I was in Mexico “figuring out what to do with my life”. I came back with a plan and a few short weeks later my plan was history and I was on a plane to Seattle for an indefinite amount of time. A year later I am back at that “plan” making crossroads and for some reason I still haven’t learned the art of total flexibility with my dreams, goals and life before Christ.
The last two weeks have been a blur of ideas, emotions, and thoughts; all of which are supposed to somehow magically appear into ‘yellow brick road’ for me to follow.
Yet, what if the road doesn’t materialize, and I end up tripping over random debris all year trying to figure out what the heck I am supposed to do and where I belong?
Am I surrendered enough to God’s plan, to lay mine down and blindly put my hand out and follow?
When all is said and done when I look back a year from now, will I truly be able to say:
Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
Toward home a land that I’ll never see
I am changing: less and less asleep
Made of different stuff than when I began
And I have sensed it all along
Fast approaching is the day
When the world has fallen out from under meI’ll be found in you still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their kneesWhen time and space are through
Ill be found in you
Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
Toward home a land that I’ll never see
I am changing: less and less asleep
Made of different stuff than when I began
And I have sensed it all along
Fast approaching is the day
When the world has fallen out from under meI’ll be found in you still standing
When the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their kneesWhen time and space are through
Ill be found in you





3 comments:
Answer to the question: Yes, a year from now you will and you will still be asking the same question on a deeper level. As a wise man once told a young man graduating from highschool, "As you get older it does not get any easier, but it does get better." When getting older also means seeking God more and more, this is an exponential effect. :D
Love you!
How good it is to know that even though we know nothing of what the future holds, we do know that everything is in the hands of the One who won us from the kingdom of darkness and made us beloved children in the kingdom of light.
I know that what I am learning is that God does not want me worrying about the future. What I am to keep my mind on is each step of faithfulness, taking each thought captive, choosing to not be bitter in the moment of temptation, to think upon the glories of God more.
It is in obedience in the next situation that comes our way where God wants us to live. He will direct our paths from then on out.
I know the feeling! Sometimes the "not knowing" can indeed be frustrating!
In my case, I'm somewhat fortunate. I have been shown multiple areas (faults) in which I personally need to improve! These areas give me something to work on and "sort of" take my mind off of my dilemma!
However, while I am still in this waiting state, I've asked God to close all doors that He does not want me to go through, and help me prepare for the ONE door He will leave open! Sometimes, even with this prayer in mind, I'm still frustrated. At other times it makes me feel exited, knowing that wherever He may lead, I know I will be happy and blessed! Where will He lead next?! What's the next great adventure I might go through?!
Keep in mind that if you follow God with all your heart, He will be faithful to lead you in the path that's best for you! Hope this helps, even if it's just a little bit!
Post a Comment