Doing Hard Things
>> Saturday, January 31, 2009

I did a hard thing today...
I retired 2 of my oldest and dearest members of my hooded sweatshirt collection. The blue one was very pretty (I thought) and very chic. It got all stained real quick though (someday I will master the art of eating without dropping food all over myself) The Green (and my by far most beloved sweatshirt of all time) was a hand-me-down that I caught before mom could throw it away. Mom hated the beautiful thing and I LOVED it. I wore it faithfully for 3 years. First the zipper pull broke, so I used a safety pin. Then the thing I pinned the safety pin to broke so I used my finger. Then the zipper stopped zipping, thankfully while it was zipped up! Then the bottom of the zipper split...
I kept it on the porch for good luck for about 6 months... but the dreaded day came today. I threw it out, both of them.
DO HARD THINGS!
*sniff*





5 comments:
Why did you have to blog about that?? Elizabeth has been dropping hints about me getting rid of some jackets for the last two weeks, I have been acting like I don't know what she is talking about. But now that you put it in the "hard thing" slot......I guess I have to really think about. Bummer for me.
Sarah
I am so proud of you honey! You are really growing up...;-)
I love you!
Mom
This post made my day (thus far)! I am normally not a "keeper" when it comes to things, but I have about 10 t-shirts that need to go. I haven't done it because, after all, you never know when you'll need 10 junk shirts! ;-) Since I have started buying more of my own clothes I am especially posessive.
Good for you Hillary. I have been trying to get rid of some clothes too.
Been good having your brothers here for a few days.
Hope all is well out your way!!
Blessings, Kimberly
I am soooo impressed! I can never seem to get rid of anything. So, if you ever need some old clothes, let me know.
I love you,
Grammy
Post a Comment