Of dreams, friends and God...

>> Thursday, July 1, 2010

Those of you who know me well know that it has always been a dream of mine to play the harp. I have looked off and on for several years at harps online and read books about them. I never did quite get around to getting one mostly because I keep spending my money on something else. :-P

I had been praying about it and was more than a little bummed when once again the harp was bumped down the priority list by my dear beloved camera breaking. :-( I came home from a very bummy day of repair shops and repair men that I am still SURE were trying to rip me off! ;-) I had just gotten to the point of deciding it was okay and after all God has a way in everything and it was just time and money... nothing to worry about.

I pulled in the driveway and there was the oddest shaped box on the front step..? Taking a closer look I could not believe my eyes! There was the very harp I had intended/wanted to purchase and had just given up to God's timing!

Long story short, the Rebelution Forum Team got together on it and bought it for me! (along with "Basic harp for Beginners" the book)

I cried..... then I dried my tears, made some more inquiries and then cried some more. ♥ Hey, I am a girl... I can DO that!
I am still just blown away by their thoughtfulness and kindness and how darn sweet of them!!!!! ♥

Okay, I love you guys, and I will shut up and produce the pictures I know you all want to see. ;-)







I love love love LOVE it!!!!♥♥♥♥♥

14 comments:

Rachel Hipps July 1, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Aw! How nice of them! It's a beautiful harp, BTW. The last pictures is, just, wow. :)

Rachel Hipps July 1, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

You were awarded at for his gloy!

becca hipps July 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM  

Hillary it is beautiful I love it i am looking forward to seeing it i miss you & love you

Anonymous July 1, 2010 at 5:23 PM  

How sweet. What a thoughtful gift. The celtic knot designs are stunning!

hi July 1, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Awww.... that is so awesome! What a beautiful blessing. :)

Emily Hipps July 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

The Forum Team is awesome. The end. It is beautiful! Learn how to play it really well and then you can play it at my wedding... deal? :D Love you!

Esther Beasley July 2, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

How sweet of them!! It is so amazing when God uses people to bless us! Praying for you:-)

Caroline July 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Beautiful, Hillary! I'm so excited for you, and I hope I can hear you play one day. Rachel is right - you were awarded it for His glory!

Take care,
Caroline

~ btw, how many strings does it have?

Hillary Hipps July 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM  

Awww you are all so sweet!


Emily, Righto!


Caroline, It is a 22 string. =)

Leah July 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

awww bless their hearts.that was really nice. love you

Caroline July 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

Exactly the same size as my lap harp...I guess I could have figured it out by counting the strings in the photo and saved you the question. :) What fun!

Anonymous July 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

THANKS FORUM TEAM!!!!!!!!!!! Mrs. W

Anonymous July 5, 2010 at 5:04 PM  

How wonderful! I think you two will have great times together.
Love,
Grammy

Amanda B. July 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM  

Hi Hillary,
Congratulations on your new harp!!! How exciting!! Harps are the most beautiful sounding instrument to me! Have fun learning to play!
-Amanda

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP