A little thought about Christ

>> Saturday, April 9, 2011




I had a thought or a realization of something about Christ the other day that had never occurred to me before. Something that meant absolutely everything to me and while I haven’t really any eloquent way to say it, I wanted to share it with y’all.

The past few weeks have been really hard for me especially in the area of being homesick and feeling like I didn’t really belong, didn’t have my heart here, and didn’t really fit in at all with the people out here. With an unknown future looming ahead of me it is very easy for me to become scared of what will happen to me or where I will belong. There is something to be very highly valued in people that you know and that know you very well and I miss that. Basically, with all the stuff going on at home, I was just really struggling with feeling very much alone in a lot of ways and not really enjoying it at all. =)

I was sharing this with Emily the other day and she pointed out two verses to me. You know those you have read a million times and never really noticed? Yep, those… They are both in Psalms 10 the first being verse 14 and read as follows:
“ But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you and you are the helper of the fatherless”
and the second being verse 17
“You hear O Lord the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them and listen to their cry.”
I absolutely don’t consider myself a victim in any way just to clear that up, but I read verse 17 and it just blew me away, that while I was sitting there, alone in my room, sobbing my little heart out, that He was listening to me.

I started thinking about Jesus’s time here on earth and how it must have been for Him. How homesick He must have been for heaven, to be with others who appreciated and knew who He truly was. To have His Father with Him. He didn’t belong here and He knew that. I have no doubt that He never felt at home on this earth, because He knew he was only here for a time, much like me where I am right now. We know He felt alone and was indeed abandoned by the One He loved most. (Mark 15:34)


I know it is such an elementary realization, but to me sitting there just feeling His presence and His love and knowing that I love God and I am known by God (1 Cor 8:3) just absolutely meant everything to me.


He knows the desires of my heart and He knows how it feels to do what He has given me. And when you give your life to someone who knows and has gone through the hardships that you are and will go through (no matter how big or trivial they are) it just makes that relationship that much stronger and so much dearer. I mean come on people, He heard me crying… and He did something about it!

3 comments:

Laura April 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM  

It's those little elementary things that can make the biggest impact on your life. Praise God that He revealed Himself to you in that moment! ♥

Jesus loves you so much. :)

Mazzou April 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

I just found your blog through the Grady family's.
I haven't explored much yet, but from first glance, I liked your lovely blog design, and the kind of posts you do! (I am into photography too....and I like it when a blog has good thoughts like this post also!)

maeve April 29, 2011 at 4:36 PM  

i love that pic of that leaf :D so pretty. love the stuff you write too, so pretty, inside and out.

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP