Shirt Makeover!
>> Friday, April 22, 2011
Okay.. so I found this shirt in the goodwill pile that I thought was really cute... just waaaay to big for me!
Case in point...
and....
The first thing I did was to bring in the back on both sides because I dont really have a very big back and when I put in the elastic for the high waist I didnt want an extra back puff. Highly successful method. ;-)

I marked the bodice below the bust line for the elastic....
Pinned it back together and sewed it in a small zig zag stitch (to preserve the stretchieness) at 3/8th seam allowance, and then folded the seam allowance up towards the top of the bodice and sewed it at 1/4th of an inch to made a casing for the elastic.
Wala! The finished product!
It was at this point that I realized something... this looked like a maternity shirt, so, if you are a size small and want a maternity shirt... do this!! I don't really need a maternity shirt right now, but it was a free project and hey... a learning experience!





8 comments:
Hahaha! Insanely awesome abs that you, um, can't see...
Tee hee hee...
Love you muchly, dear! You never fail to bring a smile to my face and a laugh to my day! :D
Nice work, by the way!
I love it!!! Great job!!! :D Thank you soooooooooo much for the idea for supper! :) everybody loved it except Benjy. :) Love you!! And miss you so much!!!
~Becca~
Aaahhh, I love this! You are oh so very talented, in case you were wondering. :) I just might have to mention this post on my blog! :)
aww thanks girls!!
What a great idea, Hillary!! You gave me the courage to try to un-pregnancy-fy an adorable top I got last week. I could comfortably by 9months pregnant in this shirt! So, maybe I'll fix it since I like it soo much!
Too bad we couldn't see the rock solid abs......I'll imagine them. lol
Praying for you girl!! You should call me and we could chat......:)
Love ya,
~Elizabeth
Love your final comment!!! You are so funny!
Mom
i love how you are so productive and hard working hillary :) wish all girls could be like you!! cute shirt by the way ;)
Love & Rockets,
MAEVE
You are gooood at that sewing stuff!
PS I think the shirt you created is the latest in fashion.
Post a Comment