Mary
>> Monday, October 20, 2008

"Mary did you know, that your baby boy would..."
A well known quote from a well known song. I was thinking about that song today in relation to what I could learn from Mary's attitude. She submitted her dreams, her future, and most importantly, her life to her creator, as willing clay in His hands. Not knowing what lay a head she let God shape and refine her, even though it may have seemed strange.
Thus I can follow her example in submitting my all to Him, not knowing what lays a head. However, I need not fear that; He holds my hand as well as my heart.
Here is the song in youtube version if you have never heard it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhmaHR1CRik&feature=related





6 comments:
I appreciate your sharing your thoughts, especially the fact that we do not need to fear God's will for us...it's good to be reminded of that assurance :) Thanks!
~Caroline
"Hey, umm this is really stupid , but how do I know you? lol"
I'm on the Rebelution fourm, I got your blog address from there! I really like reading your blog! Sorry if I frecked you out!
In Christ,
Cassie
Very insightful Hillary..as usual! When are you going to blog again?????
Love,
Mom
hey sweet girl it was so fun chating with you the other day I hope to do it again sometime soon ;)
You are a dear love ya!
Faith
by the way I love thaat song! ;0)
I love that song, too! As a mom, I am so touched by the words...no one knows what the future holds but I remember gazing at each of my newborns being filled with hopes for them.
Thank you for sharing your heart-thoughts. Just looking back on them a month later...they are quite profound! Hold on to your knowledge of what your Faith can do in your life while you walk through the unknown, Hillary. He WILL get you through it all. Remember: If God brought you to it, He can bring you through it!
I Love you, -Lo
Post a Comment