My Dream; My Future...

>> Tuesday, July 21, 2009



So school is out and I have graduated, not only do I now face hoards of people who know me when I “was this big” wanting to know what I am doing with my life but my mail box flooded with colleges telling me to, “Dream B!G” and, “Experience the difference” not to mention, “We Believe you belong here” . Everyone wants to know what I am doing with my life, where I will go to college, when, and what for. I can hardly blame them; I’ve asked myself that question every couple days for the past year.

I looked into colleges, attended Northeast Community College for one summer semester just to take two short classes, and weighed my options. I will admit that the idea of being independent and doing something people would approve of with my life was appealing at first. Disclaimer: I am NOT saying that anything whatsoever is wrong with that, just hear me out. :D

But, that is not what I really wanted to do with my life. Ever since I was little all I wanted to do was be a good wife and mommy. I wanted to have a man that was mine to love with all my heart. I wanted to give him children we could raise in the love and admonition of the Lord. I don’t need a college education for that but as y’all know I can’t exactly bring that about by myself. While some of y’all may disagree with me, I am quite solidly convinced that it is the man’s place to initiate the relationship, not mine.

As I looked ahead to this winter I was thinking: “Hey, I can go to college and like get a teaching degree or do Nutrition to pass the time while I wait for Prince Charming”. I just wanted to get to the point where I that my life in someone’s hands and then they could decide what we did with our lives and I would follow him.

The more I thought about it I remembered that I have already committed my life to someone, I have committed my life in its entirety to Jesus Christ. He has known since the beginning of time just exactly when every breath I take will be. He holds my future and releases it to me one day at a time.

When people ask me what I am doing with my life, I get weird looks when I tell them but I don’t even care anymore.

So to answer the infamous question concerning my future plans, I am living my future; every day one at a time, for my Hero, Savior, Lover, and Lord.

7 comments:

Jacob July 22, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

Ok, Hillary.

So I forced myself to read through your girly musings, hoping that by the end of the post, you'd actually let on your plans for the future. Well, I'm still curious about what your plans are (if any!), but your conclusion encouraged me anyhow. I certainly can't relate very well to your end of the whole marriage analogy. :-D But I've committed my life to the Lord too, so the stand you've taken is an inspiration and a challenge... Thanks for sharing this.

Congratulations, little sister. Lord be with you.
--Jacob

Hillary Hipps July 22, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Haha sorry, Jacob, I modified the end of the post to hopefully make it more understandable.
My future plans are pretty much just to take one day at a time and live each to its fullest, for Christ.
I am still living at home till further notice, I work part time at a local Café and help the family. :D
Does that answer your question?

Oh will we see any of y'all on Saturday?

Elizabeth July 22, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

Great post, Hillary!!
I'll be praying that the Lord will show Himself so strong and mighty to you!! And may He grant you the desires of your heart, and you desire Him!!
See ya!
~Elizabeth

AmberVV July 24, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

Hey Hillary,

I faced the same dilemma when I graduated too. It was a hard few years after high school for me in that arena, trying to answer all those questions and feeling the pressure of a career outside the home, etc. There with ya, girl. We should chat sometime. Miss you!

<3

caroline July 24, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

I applaud your decision, Hillary. Thanks for standing up for what the Lord (and you) want and for not warping your plans under pressure. I'll be praying for the Lord's working in your life.

Hope to see you tomorrow!

Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 10:44 PM  

Congrats on graduating!! I wish I could have been there. Love you!
Katie

Heidi July 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM  

Good for you! I know the feeling though. Hey if you ever do decide to go the college route, in can be fun! Notice that I can say that now that I have officially put four and a half years of college behind me! Wish you the best!

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP