Republican Harvest Party

>> Friday, November 20, 2009

To all my political peers -- Y'all would have been so proud! After years of badgering Hillary Hipps aka "Miss Unpolitical" participated in a political event and loved it!

The fact that one of my very best friends in the whole world was part of the "make-it-happen" committee" may have had something to do with my diving in to help serve and take pictures at the Republican Harvest Party.
After scooping thousands of pounds of coleslaw (or so it seemed) and attempting to direct people by looking cute the real action began with the arrival of the Nebraska State Governor- Dave Hineman.






Promptly after the meal and salute to the flag the speeches began. I found it amusing that the Veterans carried both flags and guns that they used in their presentation of the colors, and no one even batted an eye. The SS guys did not even mind, but legend has it they were armed to the teeth, so I am not surprised.







I think it was the best group of speeches I have heard since the Rebelution Conference. I listened spellbound as our Governor and Senator explained the health-care bill so that I finally understood it. When our senator got up and begged us to call their offices and let them know what we, the American people, think about the decisions at hand, I was hooked.













This is our awesome bunch of people! Not pictured are (Sarah Hernandez, Nathan Eckstrom and Grace Eckstrom)

2 comments:

Anonymous November 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

AWESOME! Go Hippses.Proud to know ya.

Mark Hutchins November 22, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

Good going peoples! :-)

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP