He had no inkling he was an Unkling

>> Monday, January 21, 2008

We just had a visit from one of our very favorite Uncles; Ben. Here are a few highlights from the 2 and 1/2 days he was here, and a special bonus feature on just how he became related to us!

Washing dishes.


Reading stories, such a good Uncle! Wait, he wasn't our uncle yet!


Comparing glove sizes:-)




Saturday's cleaning. (No this is not, Ben)


The Babybiter..., Oh! I Mean Baby SITTER!


" Hey, Ben is not so bad!"


"Oh look its Emily,' Eeeeemmmmiiillllyyyy, Ben BIT my finger!"


The older Wattermann kids came over to play cards, music, and talk about guns.


The boys talking about guns.
_______________________________________
Bonus Feature

We took Ben to our church in Omaha on Sunday where we were all asked how he was related to us.:-P After setting a few people straight that he was not a relative, Dad was asked if Ben was his brother; he said yes, his older brother! (Sorry ,Ben!) Thus Ben was admitted into our family as our Uncle. He even got certification papers! As for the Unkling part; Michael called Ben a "Tiozinho" a Portuguese word that literally translates out to little Uncle, or Unkling.


Our new Unkling Ben displaying his Uncle certificate !

Bem-vindo a nossa família !

6 comments:

Anonymous January 21, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

GREAT post, Hillary!!!!! Lots of pictures, lots of wonderful captions (and title of post!), good "sequencing" of events, fun explanations. MARVELOUS!! You've got talent, girl! Love, Big T

Jacob January 21, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

VERY interesting. Gotta hand it to ya, Hillary. :D

Now you've got me wondering though: who is Ben really?

Peace! --Jacob

Hillary Hipps January 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Jacob, Ben, is a family friend and MK from Brazil. For the records he is Dad's junior by 16 years.

HerbGurl29 January 22, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

That was a very good and funny post Hillary! I had a great time at your house, I'm glad we were able to make it. CUSOS,
~Katie~

Anonymous January 22, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

What a great photo essay Hillary. I almost felt like I was there..:-)
Can't wait to see you ..
Love,
Mom

Anonymous January 25, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Hey Hillary!

Have a really long comment that I was unsucsessful in posting saved on the computer at home, and I've been meaning to try again, but havn't had a chance, and am now away from home, and won't be back until Sunday! So continue to look for my longer comment on this post! It's a great post, and you have to just absoulutly love the title of the post! I'm praying for ya sis! Did you get my letter!

Love Ya!
Bekah

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP