Watching You

>> Tuesday, February 5, 2008


"I’ve been watching you, dad ain’t that cool?



I’m your buckaroo, I wanna be like you.



And eat all my food and grow as tall as you are.



By then I’ll be strong as superman,



Yeah, we’re just alike, hey, ain’t we dad



I want to do everything you do.



So I’ve been watching you!"


("Watching You", by Rodney Atkins)

56 comments:

Anonymous February 6, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

Hey Hillary!

I absoulutly LOVE this post!!! "Buckaroo" as we call the song at our house is mom's favorite country song, and probably my secound favorite! Though I don't listen to much country I do have a few country songs that I really like! Have you heard the country song "Cleaning My Gun???" That one's really good to! But then again now that I think of it I have quite a few favorites!:) As I said before mom absoulutly loves the song Buckaroo! I think it reminds her of when David was little, and all he wanted to do was follow dad around all day, and do everything he did! I love the pictures you put with the words to! They are so..... cute! I reconized some of the pictures from you using them in previous posts! It was great the pictures you placed with the words! That picture of John in his little red snowsuit was to darling! He looks like he's swallowed up in it!:) Keep up the great work Hillary! I love your blog! Now the trick is if this comment will post!:))) Computers can be such a trial sometimes! I love, and am praying for you!

Love And Hugs!
Bekah

Iron sharpeneth iron......Prov. 27:17 February 7, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

I love this post, Hillary!! Great song, great pictures, great blogger!! :)
I've been praying for you!! Love ya!
~Elizabeth

Anonymous February 7, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

I totally agree wholeheartedly Elizabeth!! I miss you!

Anonymous February 9, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Oh I love that song! you put it with the pics soooo well!!! I'm preying for you!

Anonymous February 9, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Man!!! I can't believe I spelled "praying" wrong. Sorry : )

Anonymous February 10, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Yeah I can't beleive you spelled preying wrong to! That could be really..... bad!! Oh sorry I just did to!:) Okay so.... maybe I'm giving you a bit to much of a hard time! I'm sorry! It's actually kind of funny when you think about it! Who is *tink* anyways??! I have some ideas but some idenity revealed by *tink* herself would be nice!

Hillary Hipps February 11, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

Anon, Feel free to reveal your identities too! :-)

Anonymous February 11, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

But *tink* isn't saying anything! So why should I? Where......... are.... you..... *tink*! And *tink* another question for you! How did you find Hillarys blog??! Through a comment she left on another blog perhaps?! Just wondering! I'm quite sure I know who you are, but I'll bide my time, and see if I'm right!

Leigh Chamberlain February 13, 2008 at 5:04 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh February 13, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

That is SUPER cute! Very creative!

Erica February 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM  

Love it! The pictures go really well with the song...I'm not much for Rodney Atkins, but that is a good song!

Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

*tink* has other identities too, you know...so...who do you think she is?

Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

*tink* has other identities too, you know...so...who do you think she is?

Anonymous February 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Ok...I didn't mean to leave that post twice, but my computer is acting up : )

Anonymous February 15, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Here I am again, you're all discussing me...how funny : )Hey at least I leave a hint to who I am...To answer you question, "anonymous", I knew Hillary had a blog...I have 4 a while, but I did acess it by way of a comment.
so...who do you think I am? By the way, I think I know who you are...

Anonymous February 15, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

I think *tink* actually stands for tinkerbell! Am I right? Because if I am I know who you are for sure.

Anonymous February 16, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

That is indeed a posibility...after all, Tinkerbell is called *tink* at times. You may not know who I am though...there are others who go by *tink* much more than just on blogs. Besides, I won't be confirming who I am and who I'm not untill you give me a hint as to who you are...not that I don't have my suspicions as to your identity...Have a good day!

Anonymous February 16, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

I guess we're at a draw then! Because I don't really feel any to inclined to indicate who I might be! I'm satisfied enough that I'm quite sure who you are that I can sleep at night without puzzling over it! It was fun getting to know you better! Good Bye.....!:)

P.S. Are you mad at me now?

Anonymous February 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Mad? No way. I think this has been fun, but it would have been nice of you to tell me who you were : ) I won't be puzzling over it at night though...sorry to disapoint! Perhaps we'll run into each other on another blog...If we do, please say "hi". Since you insist on staying anonymous I won't recognize you unless you say something : )
So...why is *tink*, tink? Puzzle over that one for a while!

Goodbye...and remember, all you need is one happy thought.......
*smile*

Anonymous February 18, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Thanks for being so polite, and corgdial *tink*! I've really had fun to! I always like to puzzle over such things, and have a fun time with trying to figure out who someone is! I have seen you on another blog before. Which is what got me thinking in the first place, and then when I saw you comment on this post I began to have an idea in my mind of who this might be! I'll be watching for you:) and I look forward to chatting again! I will live one hint as to who I am in parting! It may be way to much of a giagantic hint if you truely know me in anyway, but you have been more than fair to me, and I only would want to impart the same thing back to you!

Anonymous February 18, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

Yes...from the style of writing and the huge hint : ) I have a good idea of who you are...I think. what other blog did you see me on?
ttyl!

Anonymous February 19, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

Telling you this would completely give me away, but I'm so.... curious to see who you are for sure, and if I'm right about who you are for sure that I'll tell you. I saw you on the Grady Family Blog. If you will tell me who you are for sure I will not withhold my idenity from you any longer. BTW how did you know that I use the akrinim TTYL all the time, and that I know what it means!? I absoulutly love abbriviations, and am constantly finding out new ones and using them as well! Hhhmmmm.......! This gets more complicated all the time!:) This is to.... much fun, but I think that perhaps it is time we revealed our idenity to each other! I hope you have a happy thought to bring a smile to your face today! *smile* I sure could use a happy thought in my day! *grin*!

TTYL!

Anonymous February 19, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

you saw me on Grady's...but anywerw else? You see, I'm still trying to for sure figure you out...you have an advantage : )
btw, do you always go under anonymous?
this is soooo much fun! But I'm not quite ready to tell you who I am : )
ttyl

Anonymous February 19, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

I have only seen you on Grady's blog, and here. Not anywhere else that I can remember. Do you check the Wissmanns blogs at all? Because I do to, but I rarely leave comments on theirs. So if you leave comments on those I probably wouldn't see them. I do go under the name of anonymous most of the time. I am not a public person, and prefer to stay in the background of things. Though to many people have figured out my style of writing, and can distingish it even when I post under anonymous! I did not post under anonymous the one time I left you the clue!:) I agree this is so.... much fun, and though I have a big idea of who you are I'm not for sure, and I don't want to embaress you if I'm not right! Keep in touch!:)

TTYL

P.S. You didn't tell me how you knew about the TTYL/Abbreviation thing!

Anonymous February 20, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Well...I didn't know that you liked abbreviations, but the person I think you are likes them...so...I used it : )
How would it be embarrasing for me if you guessed I was someone else? I would think it would be more embarrasing for you...perhaps you arn't that sort of person though : )
I need a bit of info from you. this whole time I've taken it for granted that you were a girl...and it just occured to me, there's a slight chance you arn't : ) Also, you are the same person all the time, right? Cus I am!
But you don't post on Wissmanns blog all that much, how...interesting! Do you post much on Grady's?
And you "stay in the background", Hmmm...how insighteful! Do you go on Nicole's much?
I don't think you're who I thought you were, so...who are you?
Well, ttyl blog buddy!

Anonymous February 21, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

I'm not positive you're the person I thought you where either!:)) So I guess we're in the same boat!:) I guess it wouldn't be embaressing if I guessed you to be a certain person, and you weren't. It might be kind of embaressing for me though!:) Because I'm really growing to like you through this blogging escapade of ours, and wish desperatly I knew who you where!:) Yes I am a girl, and I've been assuming the same of you.... is that true that you are a girl as well? I am the same person all the time, but I have seen a few other anonymous's on here that wern't me. But everytime you've responded to it like it's me it has been me!:) WOW that's confusing!:)) Yes I do comment once in a while on Grady's, and I don't go on Nicole Wissmanns blog much. That is the Nicole you where refering to isn't it?! Do you comment much on Wissmanns! How long have you been a part of the "blogging" world, because I've just noticed a *tink* starting to comment all over the place recently! Well I have to go now, but you can be sure I'll be back!!:)))) Have a good day!

TTYL Blogging Buddy!

Anonymous February 21, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

I just started being *tink* not that long ago, but I've been on blogs quite a bit. yes I was talking about Nicole Wissmann...I go on Wissmann's (seward Wissmanns) blog quite a bit, about every day...but I don' comment all that much.I am a girl, just to let you know...
I'm really liking you,too. It'l be fun to find out who you are, but I'n not quite ready to end this all by telling you who I am. I'm having WAY too much fun.
Are you involved at all with NCHEA? I'm going to be a teacher this year. There's a big hint for you...now you owe me one : ) I'm assuming you go to Millard...am I right?
How funny it'd be if we turned out to be good friends...and this whole time we couldn't recognize each other...lol!
I'd say we shoud email each other, but my address would give me away!
Well, as sad as it is to say this, I need to go. Duty calls, you know!
ttyl, blog buddy!
P.S. I'm hopefully gona get a blog soon! How 'bout you?

Anonymous February 22, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

HMMMM.......!!! You're hopefully going to get a blog soon! That's another big hint, and narrows it down a bit! I wish with my whole heart I could have a blog! I know I would love it! But we have dial-up which would make it virtually impossible to fit a blog in with everything else I have in my day! Plus are computer often fails to function properly, and so it would just be a huge frustration in my day!
I thought of the email thing to, but know as well that my email would give me away! I think this is all going to end rather intersting, and I can't wait to find out who you are!
Yes I am involved in NCHEA. Are you a head of all the assistants teacher? Or a assistant to the head teacher?
I have an idea let's at least tell each other our ages! That should give us a big clue! I am 16!
Yes I do attend church at Millard. Do You?
That would be hysterically funny if we where the best of friends, and didn't reconize each other!
I'm sad to say that I must go as well at the moment! Lunch is served, and at our house your late you miss it!=)! It's so.... fun talking with each other, and we're hiking Hillary's comments on this post way... up!=) I bet this is the most comments she's ever gotten on a post!=) To bad it's not about the actuall post!=)))

TTYL Blog Buddy!

Anonymous February 22, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

Oh I laughed out loud when I read your post!!! This is too funny, I can't believe I can't figure out who you are! It's insane!
What's even crazier, I'm 16 too! I know now that you arn't any of the people I thought you were (how utterly FRUSTRATING!) because they all have high-speed.
I'm a teacher at NCHEA, not an assistant (woohoo!) this year, and I'm a bit nervous, but really excited! At lesat, Nicole said I was a team leader...
Oh!! I just had a revalation as to who you might be! I'll have to check into this one...yes I think it's all lining up! Blog buddy;I may have just discovered who you are...maybe : )
btw, I do go to Millard...can't tell you were I sit or it'd give my identity away...
I have a really fun way to tell each other who we are...tell me what you think! since we both go to the same church, we could tell each other what we are going to wear the next sunday, or figure out a place at church to meet (like in the doorway into the santuary) at a certain time...wouldn't that be fun?! I don't think I want to do it this Sunday though cus this is too much fun to end : )
TTYL, "horse lover"! I've got school yet to do...

Anonymous February 22, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Ok, I'm back. you arn't who I thought you were...but now there's someone else I think you might be! tell me this, do you live in Nebraska?

Anonymous February 23, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

*Tink*

Hello! I'm glad you enjoyed my post! I had fun leaving it! I think you're church idea is a great one, but also agree that this is to much fun to break this Sunday! Though I am almost positive I have you figured out! I'm going to take a plunge, and ask. Are you Rebecka Rehm? Sorry! I'm sure I spelled that wrong! And now I'm really embaressed! I probably guessed wrong didn't I! Though if you are not her I do have one more guess! Until Later!

TTYL Blogging Buddy!

P.S. Sorry this post is so short I'm in a hurry! I would love to chat longer!

Anonymous February 23, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Beckah I am not! But...believe it or not, thats who I thought you were at first : ) Of corse, I ruled her out soon, but oh how funny!!! since you were brave, and put out a guess, I guess it's my turn isn't it...Well, here goes...are you...Alissa Zimmerman? Gosh that was prolly a really "off" guess. You know, you never answered my question...are you avoiding it...would it give you away...?
btw, just for laughs, I have thought you were Grace Waldo and Katie Wattermann...only for a little while : )
you need to answer my Q's!!! I'm not getting anywere as long as you don't answer them...man who could you be?!
I've got some food I need to go make, my parents left me with strict orders when they left earlier...but I've been waiting all day for you to post (arn't I dedicated?).
I'm so glad you didn't have me figured out!!!! I was sure you did...I was totally tickled when you didn't have me figured out! I feal a lot better now : ) Wait...did you just throw that name out there...or did you acually think I was her? How clever are you...I wonder...
I'll be looking for you tomorrow... Hey'you arn't Beckah are you?

ttyl : )

PS I have one more guess too...hopefully one will be right...or it'll be back to the old drawing board with me...: )

Anonymous February 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

the more I think about it, the more I think you knew I wasn't Becka...if you are involved with NCHEA as you said you were, you would know who was in the drama and you would have known that Beckah has a lead part. You also would know that leads arn't teachers...so...when I told yo I was a teacher you would have known that I couldn't be a lead and teach at the same time. This leads me to believe you were trying to throw me off your trail...
Disregard my guess of you being Alissa (unless thats who you are) because I've got a difrent person in mind now...I'm going back to a guess I had entertained at the begining but disregarded along the way...I think I've got a lead on you!!!
ttyl, blog buddy

Anonymous February 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM  

I'm back and I was way..... off on my guess, and I am so...... embaressed! But I know for sure who you are know. You're Alathiea Larsen aren't you?! I will be going now, and looking for your return comment!:)

TTYL Blogging Buddy!

Anonymous February 23, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

So how'd you guess? And you are...Bekah Rehm...yes...no...?
you owe it to me to tell me since you figured me out : )

Anonymous February 23, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

Okay Alatheia....! Take three! This is the third time I'm trying to get this comment to post, and it has been so.... frusterating! I had my first comment written out so... perfectly, but oh well.....! We must let bygones be bygones! First of all I thought you were Alathiea all along! I just did that Bekah Rehm thing to throw you off, and it almost worked too!=) The only time I possibly thought I was wrong on my original guess that it was you was when you were a leader at NCHEA. Because I thought you had to big of a part in the drama to be a leader as well. Oh Alathiea I shall miss your comments so.... much! I must admit that I have growen to look forward to your daily messages, and have so enjoyed replying to them! You have such a creative, and beautiful style of writting, and I have seen a side to you through this blogging fun that I have never seen before! Thank-you so.... much Alatheia for allowing me to become better friends with you, and getting to know you better by our fun little comments! I shall miss them so... much! Be sure to leave me a comment when you see me somewhere, and if I see you somewhere I will be sure to respond to my blogging buddy! Even if you want to pop me an email once in a while so I don't get to missing you to much!=) I'm looking forward to doing drama w/ you tommorrow! This has been so... much fun, and I shall miss it terribly! Be sure to let me know your blog address when you get one! I'll be keeping in touch with you Alatheia! Thanks for all the wonderful, and wholesome fun! It's been fantastic, and more blog fun than I've had in ages!

TTYL Blogging Buddy!

Anonymous February 24, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

So who are you?

Anonymous February 25, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

Ok, That last post was...un-thought out!

Anonymous February 25, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

Hey Alathiea!

I've been thinking about you all day today, and looking foward to coming and seeing if you'd left me a comment! I guess I just can't get over that thing of so... looking forward to your daily comments! Yes.... I am Bekah Rehm! Just so... that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is me!=) Today has been kind of rough though w/ Thomas leaving, to began working 4 days a week, and such! So I'm rather worn out, and I need to go help mom w/ supper so I should be going! I hope your having a wonderful week so far, and thank-you for my absoulutly darling costume! It actually makes me look cute!=) You're amazing Alatheia, and thanks for using your gift of beautiful sewing to bless others!

Love,
Your Blogging Buddy!

Anonymous February 26, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

Hey, I could argue that I think I'm having about as much fun making your costume as you're having wearing it!!
I'm missing our little chats too, I've been very busy so far this week (today I went down to Lincoln to the first hearing of LP 1141, I havn't had a chance to do anything with costumes, and what's worse, I don't have any of my lines memorized accept for like "Oh you dear ones, my mother's death is going to be so hard...for all of us!" so you see, I've got a LOT of work to do by the 9th : )
ttyl, Horse-Lover!

Anonymous February 27, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Hey Alathiea!

I'm glad you had so.... much fun making them! Because your right! I am sure having fun wearing it! I only have little lines like.."What are we supposed to do now Mr. I'm-In-Charge.. too! LOL!! So I resemble your comment! That was really sad that the bill passed! I was really dissapointed! After I finish typing this to you I have to go clean the goat shed! *ick*! Around here it seems like every warm day possible some animal pen needs to be mucked out! After that I have to make dinner! So today has been very full! Plus I got a full day of school in! I'm really tired, and should be heading to bed on time tonight! Looking forward to Sunday!

TTYL, Blogging Buddy!

Anonymous February 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Hey Bekah!
I just got home from my classes (you have NO idea how draining it is to sit in the same classroom for three hours!) and I'm eating jalepanio poppers, which I don't need because I got e ton of pizza already today in chemistry : ) (Yes, I do learn things there...)
Anywhoo, I thing I'm gonna go work on the costumes now; I need something to show for this day besides a smarter brain : )
So the bill passed? Where (and when) did you hear that?
ttyl! Have fun cleaning the shed : P

The Me!

HerbGurl29 February 28, 2008 at 1:05 PM  

You girls are hilarious!! I just read the whole converstation from beginning to end and if I wasn't in the office I'd have been laughing out loud the whole time!
Btw, I knew who both of you were from the start, and I was right!(=
It was nice seeing you at the hearing Alatheia! Bekah, did you mean you were dissappointed that the committee didn't immediatly "kill" the bill? I haven't heard that it passed out of committee and I have pretty relibable sources. Just wondering, please don't take offence. (: Anyhow, I had a lot of fun reading this, I hope we can come to MAC this sunday but we'll see. ttyl,
~Katie~

HerbGurl29 February 28, 2008 at 1:06 PM  

P.S. Sorry about the bad spelling, the computer posted the comment before I wanted it to!
~Katie~

Anonymous February 28, 2008 at 8:10 PM  

Now I have a question for herbgirl29 Who are you? Is it Katie Watterman?! I went to your web page, and it made no sense! When I saw your herbgirl29 writting was in blue I thought oh! This will be easy! But I see you like to keep your idenity hidden as well!=) I don't take offense at all about your question! I don't really know for sure what on earth is going on with that bill! We've had several different reports now, and I'm really confused! I heard that it is know going to the supreme court! How does that work?!

Now to Tink!=) I'm missing ya, and can't wait to see you Sunday! I didn't get my school done until 6:30P.M. today!=( It was awful! But I did get to go on a walk today, and so I am pretty happy, because it was 37 degrees here today! My eyes are beganing to droop terribly know though, and I still have to shower, but expect a longer comment tomorrow!=)

To Both Girls!
This is great! It's like having our own online chatting room! I hope Hillary dosen't mind!=) Maybe she'll end up getting the most comments ever on a blog without it even being about the actual post!=) That would be hillarious!

HerbGurl29 February 29, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Blogging buddy~ You are too funny!! I'll tell you who I am on a Sunday that is coming soon. (;
I'll have to google that bill now and see what is being said about it! I don't know how it could go the courts without being a law in the first place. |: Isn't it nice to be able to walk outside now? I have walked the past 2 days and it's been wonderful! I just hope it stays this way for awhile. ttyl,
~Katie~

Anonymous February 29, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

Okay! I can't wait to see you Sunday! Whoever you are!=) I would say more, but don't have time! I'll comment later! Besides that this isn't our computer, and the keys are sticking terribly. So I'd rather wait to comment until I'm on our normal computer! We'll see if I get back on her before Sunday!=)

Anonymous February 29, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

Ok, well...first off, "katie" I'm almost positive is Katie Wattermann...but you know my luck at guessing identities : )
Julia's costume is comming along great...tell her that Bekah...and it's sooooo cute (if I may say so myself!) I think she's really gonna like it! I'm taking all next week off of school so I can get more done on NCHEA stuff...of course, leaving all these comments on the blog for you guys isn't helping my productivity at all, but oh well!
ttyl, you two!

Hillary Hipps March 2, 2008 at 5:24 PM  

This is pathetic! I am going to have to open a chat room for you two! The worst thing is I did not even notice that you people were using my lovely post for detective work:-) Soooooo now that we all know who you both are the Anonymous posts are now unnecessary, Right!
Oh and by the way, Kate Wattermann is preposterous to find anything out about, unless you Google her:-)

Sad, just sad!

Anonymous March 4, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

It wasn't dejective work!=( Hillary such ugly, and terrible wording you pick! We had a wonderful time, and if you care to open a chat room for us I would be honored!=) Now were to the 50th comment, and only appropriate that I should be the one to post it!

P.S. Maybe you should keep a closer eye on your blog!=)

HerbGurl29 March 5, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

HILLARY!! (-;

Anonymous March 6, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

why is it apropriate that you should be the one to post the 50th comment, Bekah? After all, if I hadn't used my ingenious nickname, none of this would have happened : )
Sorry for using your beautiful blog as our chatroom Hillary... My bad : ) but it was soooooooooo fun! ttyl!
btw, *tink* isn't synonimous with anonymous any more : (

Anonymous March 7, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

I guess it would have been more appropriate if we could have posted a "together" fiftyith comment!=) I knew it was you from the very start though!=) *wink* Yes I am sorry too Hillary....about the chatroom thing...... Though you did say at church Sunday that you didn't really mind, so I'm not to... worried!=) Besides nobody will probably even notice my comment!

Hillary Hipps March 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Not notice! I am "watching you"; never fear!

Anonymous March 16, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

well Bekah, I knew it was you untill the I think about 23rd post. That threw me off...and I kept thinking it wsan't you though it seemed like you : ) ttyl!

btw Hillary, I really get anoyed with this "word verification" thingummy you have! *grin*

Hillary Hipps March 17, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Sorry! :-P

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP