The Motions

>> Sunday, June 28, 2009


This might hurt

It’s not safe

But I know that I’ve

gotta make a change

I don’t care

If I break

At least I’ll be feeling something

‘Cause just ok

Is not enough

Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don’t wanna go through the motions

I don’t wanna go one more day

Without Your all consuming passion inside of me

I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking

What if I had given everything?

Instead of going through the motions

No regrets

Not this time

I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind

Let Your love

Make me whole

I think I’m finally feeling something

Take me all the way


-Matthew West

Hear the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLJF9vaIJ_0&feature=channel

4 comments:

Anonymous June 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

This is one of my favorite songs, I'm glad you shared it Hillary.
I've been praying for you and hopefully we can touch base sometime soon.
Love ya,
~Elizabeth

Chelsea July 1, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

I LOVE that song!! It might actually be my favorite one. Have a great week!
-Chelsea

Anonymous July 7, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Dear Hillary,
I got this from my Uncle, and I thought you might enjoy it, so I'm passing it on. You may have already seen it.

'We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of.

You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say ' Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a redneck if: You treat our armed forces veterans with great respect, and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag, nor intend to.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and raised your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.'

It made my day and gave me a smile, I hope you enjoy it too!
Praying for you,
-Joy- in Christ

DannyT077 July 8, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

This is a great song. It's definately a favorite. I love most of the song Matthew West sings. Thanks for sharing it.
In Christ,
Daniel Turack

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP