Cookie Making Step By Step

>> Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When Phoenix and Sissy came home from AWANA with the "Cookie Bucket" and a note attached instructing them to fill it by next Wednesday a thought crept into my mind. I had been a long time since I made cookies. I could help the little ones by making an afternoon project out of it next Wednesday! Brilliant! Or so I thought. While I mused on this for an entire week I got more and more excited at how much fun this was going to be. My world was shattered to pieces on Wednesday morning when we were informed that they had to be cookies from the store; not homemade ones. Well, stiff upper lip, plan B, I will make cookies anyhow and we will just eat them! Thus began our blog post....


First one must choose a cookbook. With 16 readily available to choose from this was no easy task. I settled on the Betty Crocker version that was my Grandma's and is my all time favorite. ( I am taking it with me when I move away just so y'all know :D )



Then you must choose your recipe! We went for a Chocolate chip variation with both chocolate and butterscotch chips in it.





Measure ingredients carefully ....




Get little helpers to put cookies on ungreased-usedtobenonstickuntilallthenonstickstuffstuckandcameoff-baking sheet




Mr.Suave and Miss Gorgeous, we are NOT seeing this...




Take note of how the little helpers grease their fingers with *ehum* slobber before in between sliding cookies off of the spoon. Makes it go ever so much faster ;-)



Now this is more like it!



Observe cookies all ready to bake...
Such uniform little balls of dough! Bravo to the little helpers!



This is where the rest of the little people arrive just in time for chocolate chip handouts. How clever!



After baking the cookies comes the best part of all.
What do you think it is?
In the words of Mr.Nelson during children's missionary story : "Come back next week and find out!"


For those of you who did not catch my drift about the final step and since I will like as not forget to post the answer next week; We ate them.


*pictures by Yours truly and Loretta

2 comments:

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

Betty Crocker ALWAYS! I love that cookbook....
I think, IF you offered me one (or two, or three) I would eat those cookies,even if they were helped off the spoon with slobber. :)
Sarah H.

Hillary Hipps March 3, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Sarah, I get this feeling you would eat anything hie grubby little man paw turned up that was halfway fit for human consumption, no matter how much slobber went into it!
They were good cookies though, not as good as yours that we had (they are still in first place for the best cookies I have ever had) but ours were surprisingly pretty good.

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP