True Beauty
>> Thursday, September 6, 2007

"There is a growing aversion in our culture to neatness, orderliness, and attractiveness in dress and physical appearance. I sometimes find myself wanting to say to Christian women: “Do you not know who you are? God made you a woman. Accept His gift. Don’t be afraid to be feminine and to add physical and spiritual loveliness to the setting where He has placed you. You are a child of God. You are part of the bride of Christ. You belong to the King—you are royalty. Dress and conduct yourself in a way that reflects your high and holy calling. God has called you out of the worlds system—don’t let the world press you into its mold. Don’t think, dress, or act like the world; inwardly and outwardly. let others see the difference He makes in your life.
We as Christian women should seek to reflect the beauty, order, excellence, and grace of God through both our outward and inner person."
-Nancy Leigh DeMoss (Lies women Believe)
(The picture was obviously NOT taken be me. I think it was her father (also a photographer (a incredible one at that)) who took this lovely portrait of this lovely young lady. )





6 comments:
Yes, to all you curious people...That is my amazing, gorgeous, mother, who taught me what true beauty really was. The picture was taken on her wedding day almost 24 years ago.
This woman was truly beautiful, Inside and out. Her inner beauty came from a life transformed to the image of God. She was so beautiful, that I married her.
I thought so, especially after I clicked on the picture to enlarge it and it said "mom" when I hovered over it.
See you tonight!
~Katie~
Wow, your Mom looks so much like Emily! Or should I say, Emily looks so much like your Mom!!
Great Post, Hillary!! You're in my prayers!!
Love,
~Elizabeth
What a sweet, lovely picture, Hillary!
Thank you for publishing this picture Hillary. You are a wonderful photographer. Keep up the great work honey. I love you!
Mom
Post a Comment