I wonder

>> Thursday, April 24, 2008







"Sometimes I think about you.
Wonder if you're out there somewhere thinkin' about me.
And would you even recognize,
The woman that your little girl has grown up to be.
Cuz I look in the mirror and all I see,
Are your brown eyes looking back at me.
They're the only thing you ever gave to me at all.

I think about how it ain't fair.
That you weren't there to braid my hair like mothers do.
You weren't around to cheer me on.
Help me dress for my high school prom like mothers do.
Did you think I didn't need you here.
To hold my hand, to dry my tears.
Did you even miss me through the years at all?


Oh I hear the weather's nice in California. There's sunny skies as far as I can see.
If you ever come back home to Carolina.
I wonder what you'd say to me.






Forgiveness.
Such a simple word.
But its so hard to do.
When you've been hurt."
-
Kellie Pickler

7 comments:

Grace April 24, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

I'm praying so hard for you guys. Sometimes I wish I could fix all my problems, but if God wanted them "fixed", He would fix them, wouldn't He? Keep your eyes on Jesus, HE will always be there. I love you guys and I'm hurting with you.
Your friend,
Grace

Ladygreen April 24, 2008 at 11:07 PM  

Just wanted to let you know...I'm praying for you...and God still cares.

Jacob April 25, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

I love all you guys. And you know I'm praying.

Anna B. April 25, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Oh Hillary, I am praying for you! May God richly bless your day and may you grow even closer to him! He will NEVER disappoint you!

Anonymous April 26, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

wow...thats pretty tough. I'm sorry I'm not there to help you guys...But I'll pray for you and john.
AB HIPPS DANIEL C

Anonymous April 26, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

Like the waters in a river time keeps flowing by
But the river bed behind them, is left crusty and dry

The light of truth keeps shining in the little children's eyes
But their smiles are not reflected in the shadow left behind

Their hearts are young and full of fear, uncertainty and dread
And they cower in the shadows of the words you never said

Their voices call for mama, their hands reach for your skirt
And if you would look into their eyes you'll find them full of hurt

Our futures are like shadows that flicker on on the wall
And in the unity of brethren a dozen voices call

Calling for our mother to turn and come back home
And not to leave her children living there alone

Our tears re-soak the crusty ground in the river bed of time
Come back and love you own, Mom, don't leave us all behind





Hipps

Anonymous April 27, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Hillary and the Hipps Family,
I'm sorry what you all are going through. Is such a sad thing. I'm sure I have no idea. I've been reading about David, and he often said, "The battle is the Lords." Psalms 50:15 "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me."

You are all in my prayers!
Blessings to you ,
~Kimberly

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP