The joys of city life
>> Thursday, May 6, 2010
There are some things I just do not understand. One would be the classic, UPS man comes roaring up our little street and first of all sets all the dogs within 3 blocks barking. Including the two that live in this house. He always comes right when the baby has fallen asleep after being a crab for the past hour. In about the time it takes for him to get the boxes out of the truck and make it to the front step I have gotten the dogs quieted and the baby's eyes closed again.
At this point he commits the unforgivable sin, in my book. Ringing the doorbell and walking away while the dogs tear him to pieces.....verbally.
WHY???
It is like the big boy version of "ding-dong-ditch"! Seriously, I bet he played that when he was a child and that is why he got the job as a UPS man... just to wreak havoc on poor unsuspecting nannies and naptimes.
Maybe not, but still, something had to be done and I finally broke down and did it. Hopefully he will think twice next time before pushing that horrid button. 





7 comments:
That's hillarious. :D
When my sisters and I were little my Mom had a wooden sign by the doorbell that said, "Please knock softly, babies are sleeping." It actually worked! :D
:) :) :) 'Our' UPS guy is nice and quiet.... why don't you come see us and see how quiet he is? You'll have to stay until you see. :)
Lol, yeah when our UPS lady comes, she always give the dog a treat, so now, when ever anything big comes up the driveway, or even drives by, she barks, and keeps on barking till she gets a treat.... bad habit :) We don't have any babies, as of right now :)
Yeah most of them are good once you get to know them. The things is that you rarely get a chance to talk to them because they are so busy( I know my dad worked for UPS for 23 years).
Really funny. The UPS man is too shaken up to make any noise at our house by the time he gets down our road. We call it The Gauntlet. It's just a strip of bare dirt with huge potholes. Heh heh heh.
I love your sign.
Post a Comment