7X70
>> Friday, February 25, 2011
Every time God turns me around for a moment and shows me what he has done with my life, and how He has used things that I would not have thought to make me who I am now and who I will be, I am amazed.
I wrote a blog post titled "I wonder" in which I quoted the song titled that by Kelli Pickler and added a few pictures from my life at that time. I was so hurt and filled with disbelief that this would be my life. That my parents would have split up. That my baby sister would be sobbing on my shoulder because she missed her mommy. I remember finding comfort in that song because she described perfectly, how I felt and what I thought when I looked at my siblings. I wondered if things would ever be better and if I would ever ever be able to work past this massive deficit in my heart.
Fast forward roughly 3 years...
The truth is the truth and sometimes it cannot be softened, but at the same time, forgiveness is still very much alive and at work. Every time I see my mom cry when one of us leaves, something in me aches. Aches to make it better. Aches to go back in time and change the way things happened. Yet at the same time I see a little of why first of all God allowed my family to fall apart. And secondly, why He allowed my "Ex-stepmother" to come in and just wreak havoc in my already hurting family. How could God let someone kick us while we were down and how could God let a good godly loving family fall in the first place?
I can't remember where I first heard the song"7X70" by Chris August, a few weeks ago but it made me sob, just bawl my heart out. Not because I was hurt, but because I was healing. I suddenly saw all the ways God has worked and been restoring relationships that I thought were beyond repair.
While I will be straight up and honest here, I still struggle deeply with the hurt Loretta caused me and my family. Yet at the same time, that is something that I surrender back to the Lord every time it comes up and I think it will take a few more years for it to heal completely.
However, in regards to my mom and the way I have seen God using my time out here in WA to slowly work on that relationship that was destroyed and to bring me to a place of total forgiveness and peace with her, I am awestruck. I honestly didn't expect God to work that quickly or that deeply in my heart.
Does it still hurt? YES!
Am I "over it" ? NO!
Sometimes I don't even believe that it happened and that I will wake up soon and it will all just be a bad dream. But at the same time I understand that what is done is done and He has been SO gracious to provide the grace to carry on in love.
I really don't have a dramatic ending for this post so I will just imbedd the video (Umm use the video in the link above when I first referenced it for the official music video that wont let me Embed!) and say one more thing.
I love you mommy!





7 comments:
Hills dear, I would like nothing better right now then to hug you and cry on your shoulder.
Jesus makes beautiful things of our lives if we are willing. And I think yours and your family's are more and more beautiful all the time.
Love you sis,
Sarah H.
Been praying you all through it. It amazes me, too, how quickly you have been healing and I praise God. So many times in the past few years I have wanted to be able to be able to forgive quickly and completely like God. Instead, human forgiveness is like an onion, layer by layer. It takes time and lots of pain. Keep growing. Love ya, Hillary,
Carrie
Okay, crying here... :) You are so right. Some scars never go away, some things will 'haunt' your life forever, but God is in the business of redemption and making beautiful things out of ashes. If He were not, this world would be unsurvivable. But because He is we can forgive and love as He does us. I love that song. He (Chris August) really knows what he is talking about. Sometime you should watch the "Why I wrote this song" youtube where he explains it. Love you sis, and love you too Mom!!
I don't know what to say. I sobbed and sobbed reading your post and listening to that song. You kids will never know the pain and sorrow I carry for the decisions I made. You will never know the amazement and joy and unworthiness I feel at your willingness to still love me and let me be a part of your lives. Christ's love truly shines on me when my children tell me that they love me.
Thank you...I love you too... more than you'll ever know.
Mommy
"In the struggle for existence, it is only on those who hang on for ten minutes after all is hopeless, that hope begins to dawn." - G.K. Chesterton
Wow. Hillary, you are still, and have always been an incredible woman of God. You live the life you speak of and are so honest with your struggles in this world. I am so glad that God has given you the forgiveness to be able to continue to love your wonderful Mommy. We all make mistakes and behave in sinful ways (speaking from experience),sometimes our mistakes and sinful behavior hurt others deeply.
It is because of your desire to walk with God above all else that you have been able to experiene peace and forgiveness such in such a short time. And a testimony to your dad's desire to see you free from bitterness more than seeing your mom suffer for her poor decisions.
I love you and your family. You are all a testimony to the power of God.
Kathy G
I just came over here from the rebelution forums - I am so glad to see that God is bringing his healing to you and your family. I'll continue to pray for more. ~Hannah Jane
Post a Comment