Faith
>> Sunday, March 30, 2008
"Sometimes I think of Abraham,
How one star he saw had been lit for me"
-Rich Mullins
-Rich Mullins
Have you ever thought of Abraham, and his faith. I am sure you have! Has God ever given you a promise, put all the odds against you, and then said "Trust Me!" . I have been challenged in this area so often, God says "believe", and I can't see any feasible way He could pull it off; not that I don't want Him too!
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for,
And certain of what we do not see"
-Hebrews 11:1
Are you sure? Certain?
"Abraham believed God, and it was credited to Him as righteousness"
- James 2:23
Do you believe God?
So you got all that down, now how about this verse?:
"In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead."
-James 2:17
If Faith unaccompanied by action is dead, what action should we take? What action can one take on a matter that is completely out of their hands? You have no control over the situation at all, which is why you are having to take it on faith!
What do you all think?






2 comments:
I agree completely, Hillary. Thank you for reminding us all of our duty to "trust and obey."
~ Caroline
Oh, the word verification thing was no problem...I'm appropriately ashamed of my ignorance :-)
Thanks for the reminder, Hillary! I have seen first hand how God gives me a promise but I have to wait for him to fulfill it.
Post a Comment