Adventures
>> Friday, December 25, 2009
Greetings to all my faithful blog readers!
I hope this post finds you all warm and enjoying the family togetherness of the season. :)
God has been doing some exciting things in my life in the past few months and drawing together the strings of two dreams of mine.
Over a year ago I sat down with dad and made a list of the things I wanted to do with my life, near the top of that list was going on a short term missions trip. I started praying that God would open the doors and send an opportunity my way if it was His will for me. For about 6 months nothing happened until I read about an opportunity on the Rebelution Forum to go to Sinaloa Mexico and help put the roof on the Coult Family's house. Long story short I leave a week from today for almost two weeks in Mexico! God is so good! I have been continually awed at the precision of His ways and how He has brought every little detail together so perfectly!
Three days after I return home from Mexico (Jan 15th-16th) my church is hosting a Rebelution video conference of which I am the head coordinator. Ever since I got involved with the Rebelution in 2006 I have wanted to bring them to Omaha. When Dad and I went to their conference in Des Moines, IA the summer of 08 I was completely hooked! When Mr.Nelson asked me to coordinate the video conference at Millard Alliance Church I was excited and very nervous. Once again God took my original plan, tripled it, and then sent it far and wide. He provided willing volunteers and people to help me plan. ( I never knew how many details went into these things!)
By the way...there is still room to register for the conference and we would love to have you! It is $10 per person at the door and you can RSVP to: omaha2010rebelution@gmail.com . If you would like to come but cannot afford the fee just let us know and we are happy to offer assistance. :) (*shamless plug..I know I know*)
God has been so good to me this year and as it ends I am excited to see what lies beyond the sunrise!





5 comments:
Hi Hills!
Daniel said you were going to be joining on the trip to Mexico, but it's awesome to hear about the trip from you personally! I have been praying since I heard about the possibility of the trip in general. It's so awesome that you'll be able to go! If you're going to send you e-mail updates or anything, I'd love to be added to the mailing list!
♥ and hugs!
Looking forward to the conference. Realized today it's not that far away.
Congrats on being able to go. My husband and myself will be praying for your safe journey and success preparing for the conference. God bless.
hugs from alabama,
*~casey~*
Hey Hillary!
That is a really nice shot of the sunset! :)
Love ya.
I know this will be a wonderful experience for you!
Love,
Grammy
Post a Comment