Victory at last

>> Thursday, September 17, 2009

For some of y'all finding a simple cute pair of chocolate heels is not that big of a deal. However if you happen to have "Really HUGE feet" as someone so kindly told me it can be a bit of a nightmare. Trying desperately to stuff your foot in to a size 8.5 while searching the 6.5 and 7M boxes for a 10 or even a 9.5W would suffice. Yesterday I dragged the happy couple ( I am doing this for them so it is only fair that they come along) and 3 sisters along to numerous shoe stores in in attempt to find something that
1. was chocolate brown.
2. fit.
3.was cute.
4. was NOT cow girl. ( I personally begged for these but they said no :-( )
and last but not least it would be nice if they were not too pricey.

We ended up finding them (thank you Emily!) at Kohls for almost half off I think.



Personally I liked the box almost better than the shoes. :)




I thought the pretty blue inside was very delicate and classy





Behold:

I brought them home and dad heartily approved of them which shows that I must be growing out of my taste for old lady shoes!

13 comments:

Anonymous September 17, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

They are cute! : ) At least you can be taller!!!! I really like to shop at Kohls! Karissa A

Anonymous September 17, 2009 at 5:22 PM  

Bravo! Perfecto! I am now jealous. I think yours are cuter than mine. Give me a minute to be juvenile, then I shall grow up, get over it, and once again be the mature person that my Godmommy status requires me to be. :) Glad you found them!

Elizabeth

Anonymous September 17, 2009 at 6:32 PM  

Happy Couple?? Did I miss something??

Noelle Otto September 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

I LOVE them! :) (Jealous) ;)

Anna B. September 17, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Ooo...fun! I love to shop for shoes...but it is NOT an easy task for me either...lol! As far as being told you have "HUGE" feet, I have been told that more then once. Oh well, the joy that you feel as you slide your feet into a shoe and have them fit perfectly is something that no 7-8.5 size people will ever truly know or understand:)
*smile* Glad you found some!!!

Hillary Hipps September 17, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Anon,
Oh I don't know if you are missing something or not? Who are you? :D *puzzles*

~Cassie September 18, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Well I have to say to me size 10 feet do not seem that "huge"!! I have between a size 11 & 12 foot! I have a very hard time finding shoes!LOL Oh and the shoes are really cute!

Andrew September 19, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

I'm not sure what the hubbub is all about. I've been wearing chocolate brown shoes for years now and never had a problem finding size 12 and now 13s. Hillary I can give you some leads on the places where I shop for my shoes if you decide you are not content those that you purchased. Whatever I can do to help out. By the way, congrats to the happy couple!

EsGrace Schatte September 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

ooooohhhh, I love them, Hillary!!!!
Are they for the wedding?

Hillary Hipps September 22, 2009 at 10:36 AM  

Uncle Andrew, lol that was great! I have been laughing about it for days!

Esther, Yes, they are bridesmaids shoes. :-P

Anonymous September 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM  

Hillary I have a pair of chocolate brown
muck boots size 11 wide I can send ya.
LOL...Love, Bill Fiegen

Anonymous September 23, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

Hillary where in Texas are Michael & Sara
getting married and why Texas?
The Fiegen

Anonymous October 22, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Bill,
Greenville TX is the location and the reason is that the brides family lives down here.

TEXAS ROCKS!!!!!!

Katherine

Blogger Template base thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com 2008; Design by: Kalistablogworks 2009

Back to TOP